Movies for July... Superman Returns Review

I have watched some movies...here's the partial list for July :

You, Me and Dupree
Match point
The Devil wears Prada
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.
Superman Returns
The Lady in the Water
Matchstick Men (2nd time)
Sin City (2nd Time)
The Family Man
Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest (Need to check my spelling on Caribbean)
Come September
Casablanca
Hira Pheri
Krissh
V for Vendetta
36 China Town
Corporate


I desperately wanted to write a review on Superman Returns cuz I saw one article in a magazine by "some guy" who knew like what he was writing about. Actually some of his words were exactly the same like the ones in the Viewers Comment in IMDB.com

I would say that "Superman Returns" is a good movie for Superman Fans and to others as well. The reason being the caption of the first Superman movie was "You will believe a man can fly". Now, dare to dream thats all. Yeah ! it's science fiction, however think of all the possibilities or consequences if some men really did have these powers. Do you think they will be do-gooders...HELL NO !!! they would become evil personified.....cuz that's how humans are.....Thank God Superman was Kryptonian.....

I know most of the people who read this post (and I can count only about 4 ppl :) ) would disagree and say that the movie is for Kids. However, I grew up watching Superman Cartoons so for me it is a really good movie which I would watch more than once. Actually I have watched it twice already on Theaters.

This movie like any comic book movie would have been difficult to tell "his" story. I would say this is exactly the way "Batman Begins" was like. Batman Begins was following 4 parts (I think) and this was the fifth sequel. They needed to reinvent the wheel so to speak and Christopher Nolan did a wonderful job. Christian Bale also did a great job portraying the "Dark Knight".

Back to Superman Returns, I was kind off wondering how Brandon Routh would be as Superman. He turned out to be really good. He reminds you of Christopher Reeve as Clark Kent, however as Superman he is totally different than Reeve. He's built like the Man of Steel, which adds to his character.

Kevin Spacey as one of the Producers said in an interview "adds the star value" did a amazing job. His own style of acting and bringing Lex Luthor to the fore and giving him another dimension to the whole character. The only downside I felt was the choice for Lois Lane. Why her ? that's all I can ask.

On the whole, it was really a good experience for me to watch it in the theater.

Comments

sanchapanzo said…
what dude.. thought this movie(superman returns) was just ordinary. it looked more like a teleserial rather than a movie.
G. Siva Shankar said…
Santhosh,

Opinions differ....

Siva
sanchapanzo said…
get the dvds here.. when you come here for the weekend..

Popular posts from this blog

A Horrifying Experience.....

Nothing is what it seems