Varalaaru (Godfather)

Starring: Ajith Kumar, Ajith Kumar, Ajith Kumar and Asin

Why one should see this movie: You go to the Theatre, you don't get tickets for any other movie and still you don't know what to do with your afternoon or evenings.

WHY I SAW THIS MOVIE: FATE...nothing other than fate. Fate that I had a friend, who had to see some movie on Diwali every year.

Coming to the crux of the matter now….Movie is not that great, that being said it should be a good one for Ajith Fans. If you want to watch this movie, kindly do so when you have Ajith Fans around you. The movie in itself seldom entertains you, however the Fans do so throughout.

I went in late for the movie, probably would have missed about 10 minutes of the movie. I was on time for the intro song. About 1/3rd of the Theater was dancing to the song. Not that it was a great song music wise and choreography wise. This is a trend in Tamil movies nowadays, having a Song for Intro of the Hero. This is prevalent in Rajni, Kamal to Vijay and Ajith movies. I used to wonder why, after this one I cease to wonder, Thankfully. (Now I would love to use words like Male Protagonist and all, however I would end up doing a lot of F7’s here and that’s too much work if you ask me.)

I don’t want to let you people on the story line because not a single thing in this movie is new. For eg. I distinctively remember one of the actions done by Ajith in this movie has been mimicked from Chandramukhi. During the interval, I heard a comment made by an ardent fan of Ajith “Naanum moonu varshamma parkurren, ethavuthu change irrukumnu intha padathulayavathu. Herovum evanne villanavum evanne.” (I have been watching for the past 3 years that there would be some change in his movies, however nothing has changed. He acts as the hero as well as the villain. )

I don’t understand this logic of him acting in multiple roles. Probably Ajith feels there is no one to challenge him as a villain in his films. Probably that’s why we get to see too much of him onscreen. The first half of the movie was literally boring while the second half fared a little better, Thanks to Ajith Fans and their Lively comments and gimmicks.

All being said, I enjoyed probably 20 minutes of the entire movie. Take note of Probably in that sentence. :)

While watching the movie one would wonder why, the movie was called Godfather all along before they changed it to Varalaaru for tax benefits. You get your answer just before the end of the movie.

To summarize, watch this movie as a last resort. I would suggest, staying home all alone and staring at the ceiling instead.

PS: This is my opinion you may have different opinions about the movie. Do feel free to share. Cause Perception Differs.

Comments

sanchapanzo said…
what about asin, no word about her :-(
G. Siva Shankar said…
Santhosh, when you have 3 Ajiths in the same movie..do you even expect Asin to get a iota of space to Perform ? It's just another Tamil movie which just had to have a heroine role.

After Ghajini there was nothing much in any of her movies to explore her acting prowress. I am not saying this because am a Fan of Asin. It's really a waste of her talent to be honest.

Siva

Popular posts from this blog

A Horrifying Experience.....

Nothing is what it seems