Happy Feet - Movie Review

Happy Feet...

I watched this only today, well yesterday since it's over 12am now, and had to write a review about it today itself. Though I don't like to watch Computer Generated or Animated motion pictures that much, this was one good movie I liked. It's all about the Penguins. There is this one outcast penguin, who was dropped when he was an egg can't sing. It seems singing is the way the Penguins get hold of their mates and Mambo as the Hero is named, cant sing. However he can tap dance, hence the name Happy Feet. Dancing is abhorred by all the Village Heads, the wise elders of the Penguin Community. Therefore he is shunned by everyone.

How he proves that dancing is not the root of all evil and some good can come out of it as well. The movie is full time pass and I really enjoyed it. It's an animated movie so watch it like that. Don't take too many things out of the movie. Just go there, sit, relax and enjoy it, thats all. Don't think too much about it.

There were 2 scenes which in the end looked like they are going to end the movie just like that. Now had they done that the movie would have ended leaving you wanting more. I had a warm feeling in my heart, which I seldom get. I was really moved in those scenes. Had they ended the movie then and there, probably I would have cried. (Yeah ! Right, me crying...LOL)

One thing I really was unable to do in this movie was recognize all the voice actors. I couldn't even place one of them. Though I did try for sometime, eventually I gave up. Think, I should have done some research before I went to the theater. There were some religious references that I noticed in the movie. Like the Village Head says "Pagan" and there was this Church that the Penguins see, which was the first Human made building.

Anyways this was a total time pass movie and you will enjoy it for sure. The highlight of this was that there were 10 of us in all watching the movie and I forgot about all the others. Probably the reason could have been I was captivated either by the movie or the girl sitting next to me :D, I don't know. Either way's I had fun watching this movie.

Comments

sanchapanzo said…
ennada romba romantic a review ezhuthi irukkanennu nenaichen..
ippo than puriyuthu matter..

kalakku
G. Siva Shankar said…
Romanticca...dai dai ennnada acchu unnakku ?
Shaveta said…
well dude...i saw d movie right now..dere r many cutie scenes in d movie n no doubt d movie is wonderful..though even i dt like watchin much of animation but as recommended i did watch this movie n indeed i liked it..
one of d coolest scenes in d movie was when Mambo was bout to b eaten by the shark n he escapes...wow...kewl one...
n unlike u i cld rocognise robie willams voice...i think he was Lovelace(thts one funny character dere in)
all in all gud one!!

must watch!!
G. Siva Shankar said…
Gd to see u liked it Honey...well it was a 2 or so hours well spent for me...yeah I cudnt recognize Robin Williams voice as well, guess am getting old and senile :(

Popular posts from this blog

A Horrifying Experience.....

Nothing is what it seems