Creative Genius Within Me - Realisation

I was going through my old works, the poems and all, when I realized that I have lost my Creative side over the years. I used to jot down stuff whenever I feel like it. I penned 5 poems in 2002 in a single day. I was at work and they asked for contributions from the employees for the Companies Internal Magazine. So me and my friends just for the heck of it started writing some things to submit. I was successful in writing 5 poems back to back. They were not great however I would like to think of them as at least good enough for that Magazine.

We refined them a little bit and by the end of the day I was ready with 5 submissions, however I submitted only 2 amongst the 5 and one of them got published in the next issue. I become an instant celebrity in my office, on the day it was distributed in the office. People, who I didn’t know, came up to me and congratulated me for that. I didn’t even know at that time, the Magazine had been distributed and it carried my so-called poem as well. After about 3 or 4 people approached me, I asked around and found out that they have published it, along with my photo. No wonder people recognized me. I was ecstatic. That was my second published work; the first was a poem I wrote during my 11th Standard (11th Grade, for my international readers J), which was published, in my school magazine. Unfortunately I lost that poem since Email, Blogs weren’t that popular in 1996 in India. I don’t have a hard copy of the magazine, so it’s lost to my knowledge.

To be very honest all it takes me in those days was about an hour to jot down a decent poem, which made sense to others and me. However, nowadays even if I rattle my brain for a whole day, I am unable to come up with 4 or 5 lines, which make sense to me, let alone to others. Guess I have lost the Creative Genius in me over the course of time.

Just to reminiscence here is one from the past….

Realisation

When I started my journey in the path of life,
Things appeared to be beautiful and mysterious,
Everything and everyone excited me and made me anxious,
That someday I would come to understand,
How they work and why they fascinated me.

As I continued down this path,
All these things which fascinated, made me anxious,
No longer did.
And these things and people were different as time went on.

Through my journey in life,
Things often appeared to be different.
And I could never understand why it was like this.
As I reached my destination,
I sat down.
Saw my life pass before my eyes,
I came to realize that

Things never change,
It’s just that,
I have changed through the years.
And so has my way of seeing things.

G. Siva Shankar

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Horrifying Experience.....

Nothing is what it seems