The Prestige

Starring: Hugh Jackman (Wolverine), Christian Bale (Batman) and Michael Caine.

Disclaimer: Spoiler may be included in this review. Read on only if, you don’t mind getting a hint to the ending.

When I saw the trailer of this movie, I understood what the plot was. And when I saw who the actors were, I realized this is a movie of Batman Versus Wolverine, because both the lead actors have played those parts and are well known for them as well (at least to me).

Christopher Nolan the guy who directed Batman Begins is at the helm of this movie. Guess, that’s the reason for Bale to be cast in this movie. Not that I don’t like Bale, I thoroughly enjoyed watching him play the part of The Dark Knight in Batman Begins.

Everything takes place somewhere around the 1800’s. The movie starts off with Hugh Jackman being drowned and Bale being accused for his death. It made me wonder how in hell does the lead get killed in the first frame. Then I realized that like some movies, the events happen in the past, something we refer to fondly as “Flashback”. Just the end scene of this movie will give you the chills. “Cloning Redefined”. This makes you wonder if Thomas Alva Edison were born a decade later, would we be living in different times.

Hugh Jackman was spectacular so was Bale, apart from certain occasions. Christian Bale’s accent stood out for me during the entire movie. I never got a hint of this in Batman Begins. Not sure whether he’s trying to play the part or is he really from London. Michael Caine comes and plays his part quietly as always. Scarlett Johansson also stars in the movie. Though I was not particularly interested or impressed with her performance. Till the end it makes you wonder who’s the better man. Who’s the Hero and who’s the Villain.

One real good movie that would leave you spell bound. It’s a movie about obsession’s and how and what an obsessed person would do to satisfy himself. The subject was handled really smoothly and it does have an impact on the audience in the end.


The way the story unravels left me amazed and I don’t think, I would mind watching it more than once, if at all this makes to the Theatres here in Chennai. With the number of Multiplexes cropping up all over Chennai, I am very optimistic of this movie being released in a Theater near you soon.

Comments

sanchapanzo said…
ok ok..
planning to come to chn in feb end or mar end.. and raid your collection.. be ready..
Aradrowser said…
dei manga madaya
re: your about me section

"lazy guy" is not one word

which school did you go to?
G. Siva Shankar said…
Sancho, better make it here fast..may not have it that long...
G. Siva Shankar said…
Aradrowser....the same school u went to I think...guess ur influence is rubbing off me...lets keep distance...
Aradrowser said…
dei mutta ku

green back ground le blue font

oru mairum padika mudiyale

Popular posts from this blog

A Horrifying Experience.....

Nothing is what it seems